The office of the Chief Electoral Officer functions under the overall supervision and control of the Election Commission of India, which is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering Union and State election processes in India. The body administers elections to the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, State Legislative Assemblies in India, and the offices of the President and Vice President in the country.
In an electoral democracy, it is of utmost importance that the citizens are well informed and aware about all the latest processes, happenings and facilities available, for them to help in ensuring a vibrant democracy. This website endeavors to enhance and support the entire election machinery in keeping the citizens in Assam well informed about all election related matters and facilitate easy access to various relevant forms and information. The website has been designed reflecting our commitment to reach each and every citizen for providing useful, insightful and updated information and knowledge in a user-friendly manner. Some important contents of this website are:
- Links for voter registration and related activities.
- Important election & voter related updates.
- Election related information & data.
- Details of the various promotional activities conducted by this office and Election Commission of India under Systematic Voters’ Education & Electoral Participation (SVEEP).
- Links to our Social Media Handles.
We hope this website will be useful &helpful for the citizens.
“No voter to be left behind!”